Do you have a Commercial Twitter Account?

Would you like to discover an effortless way to increase your Follower numbers? Then Watch This Video

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Handling losers as a trader....

I have to say this has been one of the more difficult periods I've had as a trader. As a trend trader I'm used to picking my trades and then simply deciding on whether to hold or close at various S/R levels.

Most of last year (2009) was easy, in terms of assessing the charts; I could pick my entry points, stop and take profit levels and walk away from the chart. If I hadn't set a profit level I found very little trouble in choosing whether to hold and add-in or close and wait for a new signal.

The market, at the moment, has me confused. Nearly every trade I'm making results in a short move into profit but without enough momentum to take price to a level that would justify getting to break even. If all these trades just blew out immediately I could at least stand back and know that I was simply making bad calls.

It's not unusual, when you are going through a period like this, to wonder if it's all worth the hassle. The consolation is that I know the last time I felt this way was also during the same period, ie Christmas/New Year. Coupled with a move to the shorter-term charts, it's clear that I've changed my trading style and am paying the price. The saving grace is that I've kept my exposure low on these trades, so I've limited the overall damage to the account and I know that it will only take a few good trades to get me back where I was before this holiday period.

No comments:

Post a Comment